Looking to achieve a more refined look without expensive procedures? Gua Sha Stone Face Sculpting might be the answer for you! This ancient technique is a centuries old practice of traditional Chinese medicine to sculpt and contour the face. With Beauty By Earth's gua sha stone, it is easier than ever to achieve beautiful, natural results. Let's get into it!
How to Sculpt Your Face With a Gua Sha Stone
First things first: the gua sha tool.
There are a lot of companies making facial gua sha stones using materials other than jade. While those other materials may appear to work, they don't hold a candle to jade when it comes to the best Gua Sha.
Real Jade is the perfect material because:
- It's naturally cooling, so it's soothing on the skin.
- Jade won't absorb any bacteria, so you can be sure your Gua Sha tool is clean.
- Jade is incredibly strong, so it won't break or chip easily.
Beauty By Earth's gua sha is made with 100% adventurine jade. Looking for a little more love? You may benefit from the rose quartz roller instead. (It's made with the "love stone", after all!) Now that you know a little bit about the material, let's get into how to use it!
Using Oil With Your Gua Sha
The first step is to apply facial oil to your face. It's important to have some sort of slip to your skin while you use your gua sha to prevent bruising or stretching. We recommend using our Balance and Restore Oil or Glowing and Radiant Oil. Both of these are light, easily absorbed by the skin, and have a beautiful scent.
To apply, simply put a few drops of oil into your palm and massage it into your face. Make sure you cover all the areas you plan to Gua Sha.
Now that your face is nice and oily, it's time to start sculpting!
Scraping Techinques With Jade Gua Sha Tools
There are a lot of different Gua Sha scraping techniques. The key is to find the ones that work best for you and your skin type. For example, if you have sensitive skin, you might want to use softer strokes when giving yourself a facial massage. If you're looking for an intense lymphatic drainage session, then you can go a little harder.
Here are a few of our favorite Gua Sha strokes:
- The Jawline Lift: Start in the middle of your neck and scrape up along your jawline to your ear. You'll de puff skin in this area for more definition as it promotes lymphatic drainage.
- The Neck Sculptor: Start at the base of your skull and scrape down the sides of your neck. This is a favorite to relieve tension, especially as you get more toward the shoulders.
- The Under-Eye Drainage: Using only light pressure, start at the inner corner of your eye and scrape outward. This can help with dark circles and puffy eyes alike. Just be sure to use gentle strokes as this is an area with more delicate skin.
- The Brow Lifter: Start at the inner corner of your eyebrow and use upward strokes and out.
And, for our visual folks, here are some other reference points:
@natseleen_ The best thing! I’ll forever do this till im old 👵🏽 #guasha #guashatutorial ♬ sonido original - Celiza
That's it! You've now successfully used a Gua Sha tool to sculpt your face. With regular gua sha facials, you will notice a reduction in puffiness, fine lines, and wrinkles. Your skin will look more toned, lifted, and radiant. So what are you waiting for? Start Gua Sha-ing your way to a more beautiful you!
If you have any questions or comments about the gua sha or another facial tool, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love hearing from you!