We’ve been thinking a lot lately about organic aloe vera gel, which just happens to be our newest product. This rich green liquid might not look all that impressive at first, but when you start to learn more about the aloe vera plant there’s something that becomes clear: this stuff is pretty much magical. Don’t believe us? Take a look at what it can do and you’ll see why we’re so excited.
Why Organic Aloe Vera Gel?
For such a common houseplant, aloe vera has a lot going for it. The gel you’ll find in each leaf is full of over 200 active components, including all the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, fatty acids, glycoproteins, polysaccharides, anthraquinones, and other words we can’t pronounce that your skin needs to stay happy, hydrated, and healthy. It also has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, making it the perfect solution to all the little cuts, scrapes, bug bites, and irritations life sends your way. Our aloe vera gel is the next best thing to breaking off a leaf, and you don’t even need to water it.
18 Uses for Aloe Vera Gel (…and counting)
When we think of aloe vera, the first thing that comes to mind is versatility. I mean, there are so many benefits and uses for aloe vera that the list is seemingly endless - so we thought we'd start with the top 18. Here we go!
- Treating Burns: A classic. Whether you’ve been in the sun too long or have caught a bit of splatter while cooking dinner, aloe vera soothes away mild burns. Part of its power is because of its anti-inflammatory properties, but it also contains components that help encourage cells to regenerate and heal more quickly. When you have a minor burn, just spread a thin layer on top as needed. It will soothe the sting and help you feel better faster.
- Soothing Bug Bites: Bug bites got you itchy? Spread on some aloe vera gel. It will help reduce that urge to scratch, plus it will help the bite heal up much faster.
- Healing Poison Ivy and Oak Rashes: If you or your little one come in contact with poison ivy or oak, the resulting rash can be itchy enough to cause scratching that can even lead to infection. Not only does organic aloe vera gel reduce itchiness, its antibacterial properties can help keep infection from setting in.
- Treating Athlete’s Foot: Can a plant known for its moisturizing ability help treat a fungal infection that thrives in damp places? It sure can, thanks to a protein called 14 kDa. Mix your gel with a little bit of tea tree oil to create an anti-fungal ointment. Use it at least twice a day until all signs of athlete’s foot are gone.
- Banishing Bruises: Ugly bruise getting you down? Slather it with organic aloe vera gel. The gel will help lock in moisture and lower your chances of infection. This safe, moisture-rich environment also helps damaged blood vessels repair themselves more quickly than they would on their own.
- Healing Razor Burn: Faces, legs, underarms… there’s no place that organic aloe vera gel can’t help razor burn. It will help soothe the burning sensation, reduce inflammation, and keep the skin moisturized and happy. Just apply a thin layer over the burned skin, let it dry, then rinse off any excess.
- Getting Rid of Diaper Rash: If those awful red bumps are making your little one fussy, add organic aloe vera gel to your diaper routine. A thin layer will provide your baby’s sensitive skin with enough moisture to make diaper rash history.
- Treating Eczema: Applying aloe vera gel to eczema breakouts keeps your skin more comfortable. It also helps promote the healing of epithelial tissues, reducing the severity of your flare-ups.
- Sanitizing On the Go: Overusing conventional hand sanitizer dries out your skin and can lead to stronger germs, which may end up making you sicker than if you didn’t sanitize at all. Try this Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe from DIYNatural for a moisture rich and pleasant smelling alternative.
- Cleaning Sensitive Skin: If conventional facial cleansers make your skin unhappy, try a homemade aloe vera based face wash instead. Mix your gel with ingredients like sweet almond oil, rosewater, and vitamin E for a gentle aloe vera face wash that soothes away inflammation and irritation.
- Moisturizing Dry Skin: Organic aloe vera gel helps to keep moisture close to the skin without feeling greasy or oily. Try putting a thin layer on your face before applying makeup, or combine it with almond oil and jojoba oil for an ultra-moisturizing aloe vera body lotion. Fellas, use aloe vera on your face after shaving to return some of the moisture you just lost and to prevent razor burn.
- Removing Makeup: We love using organic aloe vera to get rid of makeup, especially around sensitive areas. Just squeeze a little bit of gel onto a cotton ball and wipe away any stubborn cosmetics. For an extra-refreshing treat on a hot day, chill aloe-soaked cotton balls in the fridge for a half hour before use.
- Reducing Acne Scars: Aloe vera improves collagen growth during wound healing. That means it can help reduce the formation of acne scars. Even better, in some cases applying it daily can even help to reduce older scars.
- Reducing Wrinkles: When you start to notice fine lines and wrinkles, reach for the aloe vera. Because it stimulates collagen growth, it also improves skin elasticity and reduces wrinkles. It replenishes moisture, provides vital vitamins and nutrients, and removes dead skin cells, all of which keeps your complexion looking young and radiant.
- Shampooing Your Hair: Replace your regular shampoo with an organic aloe vera gel based treatment to moisturize your hair and clean out blocked pores. Combine aloe vera with liquid castile soap and almond oil for a cleansing, hydrating, and natural alternative to conventional shampoos.
- Eliminating Dandruff: White flakes bothering you? Wash your hair with aloe vera shampoo. Aloe vera gel’s anti-inflammatory abilities will reduce itching, while its anti-fungal properties can help limit the fungus that causes some forms of dandruff.
- Giving Hair Some Oomph: Time to chuck your old hair gel. Use aloe vera gel instead to naturally add volume and style. Apply a small amount of gel to your hair and get scrunching for tons of gorgeous, beachy waves.
- Encouraging Hair Growth: Organic aloe vera gel is a beast when it comes to cleaning out clogged hair follicles. It’s also chock full of nutrients that encourage hair growth. Apply it to areas where you’d like to encourage hair growth every day for best results.
Aloe Vera Gel Is Amazing
…and we’re so excited to get to share it with you.
Pick up our brand new organic aloe vera gel in the Beauty by Earth shop today. We know you’re going to love everything it can do.
Inspire Beauty, Naturally!
Beauty by Earth