How to Clean Your Face with 8 Natural Skincare Products:Facial cleansers are your go-to tool for getting rid of dirt, oil, makeup, environmental toxins and other nasties. When used regularly, cleansers can also help keep your skin clear and well-moisturized. Some cleansers, such as Beauty by Earth's, contain ingredients like aloe vera and fruit extracts. This helps the cleanser naturally soothe red or irritated skin and reduce breakouts. How to Clean Your Face Using a Facial Cleanser A great facial cleanser is the cornerstone of any skincare regimen. It's generally the first product you'll use in your routine. Follow these steps to apply your facial cleanser properly.
- Choose your applicator. A konjac sponge is a great choice, but you can also use your fingertips (just make sure you wash your hands first).
- Wet your face with lukewarm water.
- Squeeze a dime-sized, or less, amount of facial cleanser onto your applicator. Gently massage cleanser onto your skin using small circular motions.
- Rinse away any excess cleanser.
- Pat your face dry.
2. Facial ScrubWhat is a Facial Scrub? There's no way around it - dead skin cells can and will build up on your face. Not only is this concept kind of gross, it also makes your skin look dull and less youthful. A gentle facial scrub cures all of that. These scrubs exfoliate your complexion, which means they gently remove any skin cells you don't want hanging around. What's left is the soft, supple, healthy skin you want to show the world. How to Clean Your Face Using a Facial Scrub A gentle facial scrub, such as Beauty by Earth's, is safe to use three times a week. Plan to exfoliate after you cleanse your face. Here's how to scrub the right way:
- Pull your hair back and wet your face with warm water.
- Squeeze a dime-sized, or less, amount of scrub onto your fingertips (make sure your hands are clean first).
- Use your fingertips to gently apply scrub to your cheeks, nose, chin, neck and forehead using circular motions. Key word here is gently - let the scrub do the work for you.
- Rinse your face with warm water, then pat dry.
- Repeat every other day or 3 times per week.
- Wash your hands thoroughly, then wet your face with warm water.
- Apply a half pump of Beauty by Earth's foaming face wash to your fingertips or a konjac sponge.
- Apply cleanser to your face using small circular motions. No need to be rough - even a gentle application can work up a great lather.
- Rinse your face with warm water, and pat dry.
- To Remove Foundation and Blush: Squeeze a quarter sized amount of makeup remover onto clean hands or a cotton ball or pad. Gently spread over your cheeks, nose, chin, and forehead, making sure to include your hairline. Follow up with a wet cotton ball or washcloth to clear away any remaining makeup.
- To Remove Eye Makeup: Soak a cotton ball or pad with makeup remover. Close your eye and gently hold the pad against your eyelid for 30 seconds. There's no need to rub: simply holding the pad in place allows the remover to do its work. After 30 seconds, gently wipe your makeup off using light downward strokes. Repeat on the other eye.
5. Facial TonerWhat is a Facial Toner? This is one of the products I get the most questions about! Facial toners are an incredibly useful tool. They help to balance your skin's pH, add moisture, make your pores smaller, and even remove dead skin cells that are left over after you exfoliate. Aside from that, it just feels good to spritz on a refreshing natural toner whenever your skin is feeling tired or overwhelmed. Beauty by Earth's toner is made with witch hazel and rose water, both of which help to soothe red skin and help your complexion look better overall. How to Use Facial Toner Facial toner is a great step in between cleansing your face and moisturizing it. You can also spritz it on after you put on your makeup. Keep a bottle on you and freshen up on the go. The possibilities are endless! There are two basic strategies for applying facial toner. Choose whichever sounds best for you:
- Option 1 - Hold your toner spray bottle six inches away from your face. Spray directly onto your face and decollete.
- Option 2 - Apply a quarter sized amount of toner to a cotton round or cotton ball. Use the cotton to apply your toner to your face.
6. Eye CreamWhat is Eye Cream? If you like the idea of younger looking eyes, you'll love using an eye cream. The skin around our eyes is more delicate than the rest of our face. Eye creams are specially formulated to be gentle and effective in moisturizing and protecting this skin. By providing plenty of nourishment, eye creams help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles while making your eyes seem more "awake." Beauty by Earth's eye cream is infused with coffee, which further helps to remove dark circles and bags. How to Use Eye Cream Apply eye cream every day after cleansing your face for younger, more awake looking eyes. Apply again before bed for extra moisturizing and protecting power. Here's how to put it on:
- Apply a very small amount of eye cream to clean fingertips.
- Transfer a few dots of cream underneath each eye.
- Use your ring finger to gently pat the cream into your skin. Be gentle, and avoid getting any in your eyes. I like these Do's and Don'ts of Eye Cream by Into The Gloss.
- Squeeze a pea sized amount of moisturizer onto your fingertips.
- Gently massage moisturizer into your face and neck.
- Give your moisturizer a few seconds to absorb fully before moving on to the rest of your skincare routine.
- Apply a small amount of sunscreen to clean fingertips.
- Transfer dots of sunscreen to your cheeks, nose, forehead, and under your eyes.
- Use your fingertips to evenly spread sunscreen over your face. If you prefer, you can also use a makeup brush to buff it into your skin.