We love konjac sponges. Nay, we're OBSESSED with konjac sponges and for so many different reasons. They do amazing work. They’re 100% natural. They’re cruelty-free. They’re easy to use. They’re biodegradable. They’re great for all skin types. They're naturally anti-bacterial. They're eco-friendly and can be used again and again! But don’t take our word for it – try it yourself! Once you see the difference that plant-based sponges can make for your health and complexion, you’ll never go back to your old cleansing routine. Join us as we unpack how to us konjac sponges!
What are Konjac Sponges?
Konjac has been used in Japan for 100 years as a soft, gentle way to cleanse skin. Konjac is a root vegetable found mainly in Asia. Not only is it used for skincare, but it's also a part of the traditional diets of most countries that grow this root vegetable. Konjac sponges are almost weightless and they contain a lot of water. Submerge them in water, and they are a natural sponge, soaking up all that hydrating goodness.
While products containing scrubbing beads or crushed fruit pits can be too harsh to use on the face, konjac sponges are oh-so-soft and gentle. They are perfect for even the most sensitive of skins. Its texture can exfoliate dead skin cells, leaving the complexion looking brighter and healthier without irritation. Plus, these little sponges are full of vitamins and minerals that are nourishing to your skin. They're gentle, biodegradable, and eco-friendly—what more could you want?
How to Use Konjac Facial Sponges
- Get your sponge ready to go! Soak your sponge in warm water for up to a minute until it is saturated and soft.
- Squeeze out any excess water.
- If desired, add your favorite facial cleanser to your konjac sponge.
- Next, gently massage your face and decollete with your sponge in a circular motion. Move in an upward motion, and be careful not to be aggressive! Let the sponge do the work for you.
- Rinse face with warm water and pat dry.
- Next, gently rinse any facial cleanser out of your konjac sponge, then squeeze out any excess water. Don’t twist or wring your konjac sponge.
- Allow the sponge to dry in a well ventilated area.
- Finally don't forget to sterilize your konjac sponge with boiling water once a week.
How to Use the Konjac Body Sponge
- To get the most out of your konjac body sponge, give yourself a little time to get it ready.
- When you take it out of the package you’ll notice that it’s dry and hard: not something you’d want to rub on your skin! Soak your sponge in warm water for up to a minute until it is saturated and soft.
- Once your exfoliating sponge is ready to use, gently rub it all over your body in a circular motion. Use it with your favorite liquid body wash, but you will not need to use as much as the sponge will increase the lather of the soap.
- To get the most out of your sponge it is important to take good care of it after use. Keep it in a well-ventilated area to dry after each time you wash with it. Use boiling water to sterilize it once a week. If you care for it well, your sponge will reward you with 8-12 weeks of use. Enjoy!
Which Konjac Sponge is Right for Me?
Should you get the body Konjac Sponge? Maybe the facial sponges? Maybe both? How do you decide? EASY! You'll need both for different purposes.
The facial konjac sponges clean your face and help protect it from acne and blackheads with its naturally anti-bacterial sponge. The Konjac body sponges are a great replacement to those plastic puffs so many of us are guilty of using to scrub on body wash. It has all the same benefits of facial sponges but covers more surface area. This means more love for ALL of your body's skin, not just your face.