A Review of My Top 10 Favorite Natural Products This Year
As I gear up for a great 2018, I’ve been thinking about my favorite natural products of 2017. Turns out there were a lot of them! Not everything I tried impressed me enough to become a part of my regular rotation, but these products did. So here it is: my top ten list of the best natural beauty products of 2017. Enjoy!
My Top 10 Favorite Natural Products of 2017
A look into the natural and effective beauty products I love:
- First and foremost Beauty By Earth’s Facial Cleanser: One of my all time favorite facial cleansers. Not only is it all natural, it’s extremely simple. Its combo of aloe vera and fruit extracts always left my face feeling clean and fresh all year round. Therefore, it’s a staple of my skincare routine that I plan to keep using for a long, long time.
2. Shea Moisture Coconut Daily Hydration Body Wash: This body wash is one of my favorites because of how well it moisturizes. Made with fair trade shea butter and natural coconut oil, it’s like using a moisturizing lotion while I cleanse. I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to give their skin a little extra support.
3. Also, the Shea Moisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Conditioner: A banana based conditioner? Well, not quite, but theyucca and plantain combo you’ll find in this product helps strengthen your hair, which prevents breakage and split ends. Another unlikely combo, baobab oil and cilantro extract, help boost shine, making this a solid all-around conditioner.
4. The lovely and refreshing, Beauty By Earth Oil Control Moisturizer: I love a product that can do year-round duty. Beauty by Earth’s oil control moisturizer does exactly that. It gives my skin plenty of moisture while helping to control oil buildup. Winter, summer, it doesn’t matter – it makes my skin feel great.
5. An amazing Beauty By Earth Self Tanner: You’ve heard me say this before, but I’m kind of addicted to self tanner. I’ve tried them all, and I have to say that Beauty by Earth’s is one of the best. It leaves behind a very natural looking glow without any streaks or spots, all without any chemical ingredients. I also love that it’s easy to layer, so I can get exactly the color I want. It’s my go-to all winter long.
6. Beauty By Earth Tinted Facial Sunscreen: Sunscreen + tint = one of my favorite natural products of the year. I’ve tried a few different tinted sunscreens, but Beauty by Earth’s is the one I keep coming back to. Most of all, I love how it goes on evenly and smoothly, has just the right amount of color, and as a result makes a big difference in how my skin looks and feels.
7. The Shea Moisture Superfruit Complex Body Lotion: I love Shea Moisture for their ability to provide deep moisturize without any toxic or harmful ingredients. Their superfruit complex body lotion moisturizes with shea and mango butters, which always leaves my skin feeling soft and healthy. I use it all year long, but it’s especially perfect for the winter. Not only does it keep my skin moisturized, its tropical fruit extracts keep me thinking of warmer places.
8. Schmidt’s Rose and Vanilla Deodorant: Are you stuck looking for a natural deodorant that actually works? Search no longer. Schmidt’s Rose and Vanilla deodorant stick is all natural, smells amazing, and works like a dream. They have other scents too, so if rose isn’t your thing you can find one you like. I definitely recommend Schmidt’s as an alternative to chemical-heavy conventional deodorants. Check it out!
9. Tarte Tarteist Double Take Eyeliner: This has been my go-to eyeliner for a while, and for a number of reasons. First, it’s 100% vegan and made with natural ingredients. Next, it works like a dream. It goes on smoothly and makes it easy to get a variety of looks. Finally, it’s a 2-in-1 liquid & gel eyeliner, which gives me lots of flexibility. I’m a big fan of most of tarte’s products, but this eyeliner is one that really sticks out.
10. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara: Tarte calls this mascara “a push-up bra for your lashes,” and I can’t reallydisagree. It adds tons of volume, length, and curl to my lashes without depending on toxic ingredients. You’d be shocked at what rice bran, olive esters, and a few other unlikely ingredients can do for your lashes! There’s also a waterproof version available, though my experience is with the regular. Hence, definitely worth trying if you love the idea of a mascara that’s both effective and vegan.
What are Your Favorite Natural Products of 2017?
Are any of your favorites on my list? What else would you add? What are you planning on using this year? Let me know what you think in the comments below!