This Mens Skin Care Routine Will Change Your Life
Looking for a mens skin care routine for yourself or your favorite fella? We’ve got you.
Great skin care is just as important for guys as it is for gals. Unfortunately, there isn’t nearly as much information out there for men as there is for women. That’s why I’ve put together this mens skin care routine especially designed for his skin. Try it out – you’ll see a difference!
Why Bother with a Mens Skin Care Routine?
Just because you’re a guy doesn’t mean your skin will take care of itself! Men are just as likely as women to suffer from skin issues like dry skin, acne, and sun damage. Unfortunately, many men assume that they should simply live with these issues instead of finding ways to address them. In reality, many of the same products that women use are just as useful for men.
If you’re a guy who wants to improve your skin, one of the best things you can do is commit to using natural products. Skin care products that use safe, natural ingredients will keep your skin from further damage. Avoid products that contain parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and fragrances. Choose products based on natural ingredients like aloe vera, coconut oil, cocoa butter, and essential oils.
A Sample Mens Skin Care Routine
Need a little help getting started? Here are my five favorite skin care products for guys. Put them together and you have a skin care routine perfect for any man of any skin type.
- Facial Cleanser: A gentle facial cleanser helps clear away dirt, oil, grime, and anything else you don’t want on your face. Keeping your face clean helps control breakouts, plus it looks a lot better than walking around with a dirty complexion! Wash your face with a gentle facial cleanser once a day.
- Facial Scrub: It doesn’t matter if you’re a guy or a girl – dead skin cells will build up on your face. Get rid of them by exfoliating regularly. Use a facial scrub several times a week to clear away buildup and support healthy skin.
- Konjac Sponge: A konjac sponge helps your skin care products do double duty. When used with a cleanser, this natural sponge exfoliates as it cleans. You can also use it on its own. If you’re prone to acne, use the black sponge once a week to keep breakouts under control. Otherwise, use the white sponge once a day.
- Hydrating Facial Mask: Think about how much time your skin spends out in the elements. Is it any wonder that your complexion sometimes feels dry, undernourished, and unhappy? A hydrating facial mask helps restore what was lost while providing extra protection against breakouts. You can use it to spot treat problem areas, or do a full mask once a week. I promise – it’s fun, and can make a big difference in how your skin looks and feels.
- Oil Control Moisturizer: Your last step! Once your face is clean and properly nourished, apply a layer of oil control moisturizer. No matter what your skin type, this product provides hydration without leaving you feeling oily or greasy.
Also check out these great tips on men’s skincare.
It’s Time to Start Caring for Your Skin
Whether you’re a guy who wants to improve your skin care routine, or if you love someone who deserves to take great care of their skin, these natural skin care products are the perfect place to start. Pick them up for yourself, or give them as a thoughtful birthday or Father’s Day gift.
If you’re a guy, how do you care for your skin? What products would you add to the routine above? Let me know in the comments below!