DIY Natural Shampoo with Aloe Vera
Shampoos loaded with sulfates, chemicals, and others can leave your tresses starved for nourishment. You needn’t keep using these when great, natural alternatives exist. This DIY natural shampoo with Beauty by Earth’s aloe vera is loaded with wholesome ingredients and can be customized based on the needs of your hair. Go ahead, impress your friends with your newfound knack for product formulation.
So many shampoos on the market are quick to strip the hair of its natural oils when employing harsh chemicals. In fact, this is precisely one of the reasons why the “No-Poo” movement started. Sulfates are probably the most notorious offenders in hair care. These “cleansing agents” can go beyond their line of duty with their strength, threatening overall health of the hair.
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup Castille soap
- 1/4 cup Beauty by Earth Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 tsp. honey
- 10 drops of your *essential oil(s) of choice
- **Optional: 3-5 drops of Beauty by Earth Argan Oil
*Essential Oils: Rosemary, Lavender, Cedarwood, Peppermint, Lemongrass, etc.
**Use less if you have oily hair
- Start by combining all of your ingredients in a large bowl. If you’re having difficulty doing so by hand, a hand mixer will do the trick. (Best to keep it at a low speed so it doesn’t create too many suds.)
- Clean out an empty shampoo bottle or travel container. In any case, you’ll want something squeezable. Transfer your mixture to the container by pouring or with a funnel.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge to extend life for use later.
- Before applying in the shower, shake up your bottle a bit in case of separation.
Have your own take on a DIY natural shampoo? Leave your suggestions down below!
Here’s to happier, healthier hair—