An Unexpected Find: Natural Makeup Remover Review
Going through makeup remover review after makeup remover review to find that best one? Think a natural makeup remover could never work as well as a conventional one?
Time to think again.
(Or at least it’s time to watch this makeup remover review video):
I wear makeup regularly and have always been on a quest to find the best makeup remover out there. I used to rely on conventional options that were full of chemicals, parabens, phthalates, and other junk. Did they work? Yeah, they did. Did they expose me to chemicals I don’t want anywhere near my body? Yup. The definitely did that.
The thing I love most about this stuff is that it’s 100% natural. There’s nothing in it that’s synthetic, toxic, or even remotely questionable (unless you have a problem with how oranges smell, I guess). Best part? It works just as well as the stuff I used to use. In fact, in some cases it works better.
Makeup Remover Review: What’s in it’s Ingredients list?
So what makes this makeup remover so special? As I state in the makeup remover review, it’s all in the ingredients. Here’s what you’ll find if you give it a try:
- Aloe Vera: Helps clear stubborn makeup off your face while providing soothing moisture to your skin.
- Witch Hazel: Improves skin tone and appearance by reducing inflammation and decreasing oil and redness.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: A potent antioxidant that nourishes the skin while reducing the signs of aging.
- Sweet Orange Essential Oil: Smells really really really (really) good.
And here’s what won’t you find:
- Mineral Oil: This stuff comes from what’s left over when they make gasoline. Not exactly something I want all over my face.
- Fragrance: What’s in a fragrance? Who knows? A loophole lets manufacturers put almost anything they want in a product and label it as “fragrance.” Smells fishy to me.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate: Irritating, potentially toxic, and linked with byproducts that can cause damage to your kidneys, liver, and central nervous system.
These dangerous ingredients (and more) are extremely common among conventional makeup removers. And manufacturers want you to believe that you need these chemicals to effectively clear makeup.
But here’s the big secret: you don’t.
As I discovered while doing this makeup remover review, natural makeup remover is just as effective as conventional products, and sometimes even better. I was even able to use it to get Sharpie marker ink off my skin. Natural products aren’t just safer for you – they’re often the more effective option.
So I really have to hand it to Beauty by Earth here. They’ve created a makeup remover that’s 100% natural, vegan, and made in the USA. Because it’s Leaping Bunny certified you know it’s never been tested on animals. Even the packaging is environmentally friendly. I’ve yet to see a conventional makeup cleaner that can say all that.