10 Best Affordable Products For Clear Skin This Spring
Spring is in the air… which means it’s time for spring skin care!
Whenever the seasons shift, your skin care routine should shift right along with them. While winter has a reputation for being hard on your skin, spring can bring its own challenges. That’s why I’ve put together a spring skin care routine that hits all the points your skin needs to start the season off right.
Why Switch to a Spring Skin Care Routine?
Why bother switching up your skin care strategy for spring? Even though the weather may feel gentler, your skin is dealing with just as many issues as it is any other time of year. Here are just a few of the hurdles your complexion faces this time of year.
- Warmer Weather Means More Oil: Ready for a break from dry winter air? Trust me – it’s coming! Spring brings warmer weather, and with it more humidity. This warm, wet air can turn dry skin oily at the drop of a hat. Your spring skin care strategy should address this by featuring lighter moisturizers that reduce oiliness.
- Springtime Means Sun Exposure: Who doesn’t love spending time outside this time of year? Spring’s sunny weather is sure to put you in a good mood, but constant sun exposure can spell disaster for your skin. Make sure you’re protected by staying consistent with your sunscreen habits.
- It’s Time to Recover From Winter: Winter is tough on skin. Spring is a great time to give back some of what winter took away. Skin care this time of year is all about nourishing, moisturizing, and protecting – exactly what your skin needs after a long winter.
- Spring is a New Start: Everything is new in spring. Why shouldn’t you take the opportunity to take a second look at your skin care routine? Taking a little time to spring clean your approach can help you identify products that aren’t working for you and replace them with better alternatives.
A Recipe for a Great Spring Skin Care Plan
Ready to welcome in spring with a new approach to skin care? Here’s everything you need to know to make the transition.
Moisturization: Moisturizing is important all year round, but is easy to overlook in the spring. Just because your skin isn’t dealing with winter wind or an unforgiving sun doesn’t mean it’s fine without moisture. But now’s not the time to bundle up! Put your heavy moisturizes wherever you keep your boots and scarves – you won’t need them until it gets cold again. Switch over to lighter options. A lightweight or oil control moisturizer will make sure your skin gets the moisture it needs without adding any excess oil. Trust me – once it starts to get humid, you don’t need any extra weight!
Exfoliation: Spring cleaning isn’t just for your house! It’s time to scrub your face alongside your floors. Okay, “scrub” is a strong word – let’s go with “exfoliate.” A gentle exfoliating scrub will help slough away any dead skin cells that built up over the winter. Exfoliating twice a week will help keep your skin clear and happy. And don’t stop with just your face! Exfoliation is an important first step to self tanning, as well as exactly what you need to get the bottoms and sides of your feet ready for sandals.
Cleanse: If you suffer from seasonal allergies, spring can be rough. Watery eyes and constant sniffles can easily keep your skin from looking its best. Avoid red, puffy, allergy-affected skin by using a gentle cleanser twice a day. Regular cleansing will help wash away dirt, oil, and – you guessed it – allergens, helping to soothe redness and reducing your exposure. When choosing a cleanser, natural is better. Cleansers based on natural ingredients will wash away what you don’t want without further irritating your skin with harsh ingredients.
Tan: Spring can be a tough time if you’re a fan of tanning. You want to look great in warm weather clothes, but you’re still feeling pale from a winter spent indoors. If you value your skin’s health, you know that tanning beds are not the answer. Instead, use this opportunity to get a jump on your summer glow with a self tanner. Use your favorite natural self tanner to gradually work up to your preferred tone without exposing your skin to harmful chemicals.
Protect: Be honest – how consistent were you with wearing sunscreen over the winter? If you’re like most people, your answer is probably “not very.” It happens, so take this as an opportunity to turn over a new leaf. As the weather gets warmer you’ll likely spend more time out in the sun. Springtime can be an especially dangerous time for sun damage. You can get just as much UV exposure this time of year as you do in summer, but because the temperature is cooler you may not realize exactly how much sun you’ve encountered. Add a daily facial sunscreen to your spring skin care routine, and be sure to apply it to your neck and decollete as well. Here’s a great video about SPF and how much SPF you really need. Better safe than sorry!
10 Things Your Spring Skin Care Routine Needs
Keep your skin clear and happy this spring with these 10 affordable and effective products.
1. Water: One of the best ways to moisturize is from the outside in. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin (and the rest of you) hydrated as the weather turns warmer.
2. Vitamins: Winter takes a toll on your entire system, which can show up in your skin. If you aren’t taking one already, consider adding a skin-friendly vitamin to your daily routine. Vitamins D, E, and C are especially helpful, so look for a multivitamin that contains these components.
3. Facial Cleanser: Beauty by Earth’s facial cleanser is a gentle and effective way to clear away dirt, oil, and allergens. Because it’s aloe vera based, you may also find it helps soothe redness and irritation.
4. Face Scrub – Try Beauty by Earth’s face scrub twice a week for a gentle way to exfoliate. Use regularly to remove build up and give your skin a little extra nourishment.
oil control moisturizer over the winter, there’s no need to switch when spring rolls around. These types of moisturizers will provide the moisture your skin needs without being impacted by humidity.5. Oil Control Moisturizer – If you’ve been using an
6. Face Mask – Beauty by Earth’s clay based face mask clears pores without blocking them. This is especially important if spring humidity is making your skin oily. Spot treat as needed, or give yourself a full mask once or twice a week for extra moisturization.
7. Self Tanner – If tanning is part of your spring skin care plan, try Beauty by Earth’s natural self tanner. Use daily to build up to the color you want, then reapply every 4-7 days to keep your glow going.
8. Tinted Sunscreen – Can’t choose between sunscreen and self tanner? Why should you? A tinted sunscreen will give your face a touch of color while protecting it from sun damage. Apply a layer every morning, and again as needed if you sweat or get your face wet.
9. Konjac Sponge – If your goal is clean, clear skin, the konjac sponge is your new best friend. Use it to gently exfoliate while you cleanse. If your skin is acne prone, use the black sponge once or twice a week to help manage breakouts.
10. Lip Balm – Last but certainly not least, don’t forget your lip balm! Just because it’s warm outside doesn’t mean it’s time for bare lips. Apply balm in the morning and before you go to bed to keep your lips supple, soft, and healthy.
What’s Your Spring Skin Care Plan?
What do you do to transition your skin care routine into the new season? Are there any products you swear by that I forgot for my list? Let me know in the comments below!